Your 2019 Content Marketing Playbook
The end of the year is the perfect time to take stock of the year and start thinking about the future. 2019 is just around the corner and before you know it, you’ll need to start producing content to meet your 2019 marketing goals.
To get you started, we’ve decided to create and share this content marketing “playbook”. Our 2019 Content Marketing Playbook is a series of blog posts that will explore the ins and out of successful content marketing.
Content Marketing Is Here To Stay
There’s long been a differentiation between marketing and content marketing – as if they were two different things with two different goals! Content marketing was often thought of as an add-on, an afterthought, a “nice to do, if we have time” kind of tool. It was not considered part and parcel to business success. We are FINALLY at the point where business leaders have realized that content marketing IS marketing and, in fact, it is the future of marketing.
It is second nature for people to turn to the Internet for, well, everything nowadays. Phone numbers, addresses, BBB ratings, Yelp reviews, coupon codes, merchandise research, cost comparisons….if a consumer has a question, they “Google it”. That makes it more important than ever for businesses to have a digital presence and for that presence to be timely, relevant, and reflect positively the business.
Enter content marketing. Content marketing is your way to control what information is out there about your business along with where and how consumers can find it. Yes, it’s marketing. Yes, it’s advertising. Yes, it’s about eventually making the sale. But more than any of that, it’s about making connections and establishing your brand authority. It’s about establishing a connection and building a relationship with a consumer – a long-term relationship. That’s where many businesses slip up. The old way of doing things, focusing on that end sale and neglecting the total customer experience, for example, doesn’t always work anymore. You need to take the long view and cultivate those relationships so you can earn the sales.
Getting started with content marketing or even fine-tuning your content marketing can be overwhelming, which is why we wanted to offer some concrete strategies to help you strengthen your existing content marketing plan or even build a brand new one. Over the course of the next few months, we’ll share advice and insights and provide actions that you can take to improve your content marketing efforts.
Sneak A Peek At Future Topics
We’ll post two blogs each month in November, December, and January – each one focused on a different aspect of content marketing. Here’s a peek at the upcoming topics:
- Your Content Marketing Playbook. (What you’re reading right now.)
- Define Your Content Haves, Wants, and Needs. What do you have? What do you want? What do you need in terms of content? Where does your audience go for information? We’ll explore how to find alignment between the business and the audience even if it means adding new platforms and dropping others.
- Get Back to Basics. It’s so easy to fall into the social media trap. Not only can we get sucked in as a user, but we can also become a slave to social media platforms as a content provider as well. We’ll discuss how to bring content back to your core marketing platforms of website, blogs, and email lists.
- Use Data To Drive Content Creation and Placement. How well does your content marketing work? If you don’t know the answer to that you’re wasting your time. Learn how to use analytics to gather information about your audience and how they access and use content for better ROI.
- 5 Content Marketing Trends to Watch in 2019. Happy New Year! Let’s take a look at five content marketing trends that we see making big inroads in 2019 like Video, Natural Language Search, SEO, Personalized Content, and Social.
- Content Marketing Isn’t About You, It’s About Your Customers. Content marketing is not the same thing as sales. It’s all about customer relationship building. Learn how to use the buyer’s journey to create customer connections and guide content creation.
Visit Orlando Content Marketing For More Content Marketing Tips
We’re excited for 2019 and we’re excited to share these action steps with you! In the meantime, if you have any questions about content marketing or need help getting your plan off the ground, contact the team at Orlando Content Marketing! We’re here to help!